Week 5 & 6 Roundup / 12 Week Slip in to Summer Challenge

Last week I was so busy I didn't get a chance to update you on my 12 week Slip in to Summer challenge, so I thought I would do the week 5, and the week 6 roundup together.

Week 5 was the start of the second part of the challenge, meaning I had new workouts to do. I enjoyed the change, it's nice to mix things up a bit and do some different things. In the past when I have been trying to get fit I have really struggled as I often lose my direction and motivation after a month or two, but being given a specific plan to follow, with a goal to work towards has really helped.

I had quite an active week, getting out walking with the family, lots of trips to the park, a few trips to the gym. I felt like I was back on tack again after a not so good week 4.

At the end of week 5 my stats were:
Weight - 10st 8
Loss this week - 1lb
Loss so far - 4.6lb

Week 6 wasn't quite as good a week. I was working most days, and spent a couple of days working at an outdoor event, leaving the house at 8am until 10pm. It was difficult to get proper meals while I was out so long, and found myself grazing on junky food most of the time. Getting home at 10pm, I was totally shattered and was in no mood to be exercising.

I tried to make up for it at the weekend, I went out for a run on Friday night and did some workouts at home on Saturday. I didn't have time to go to the gym though which I'm not too happy about.

My stats at the end of week 6 were:
Weight - 10st 8.2
Loss this week - 0.2lb gained
Total loss - 4.4lb

Since I'm now half way through the challenge, I decided to do a before and after shot of my progress so far. A bit of a disappointing result, I think this is my first gain on the challenge, but I was kind of expecting it. I still feel pretty good though. I'm starting to really enjoy exercising, it's becoming a part of my routine and I missed it quite a bit last week.


The photos on the left show me on day one of the challenge 6 weeks ago, and on the right shows me now. While there is not a massive change, there are some differences. My tummy is smaller and more defined looking, and the muffin top is decreasing. My thighs are toning too and I've noticed I don't have as much cellulite on the back of my thighs.

As usual I have recorded a vlog of week 5 & 6 if you would like to see how I have been doing...



I'm going to work hard in week 7 to get back on track after a bad week. I hope you can join me next week to chart my progress.

Thinking of getting in to shape this summer? Why not join your local DW Fitness gym?

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment