Word of the Week 08-05-15

 

Who doesn't love a three day week? A combination of a bank holiday and polling day meant the kids have had an extra two days off school. It's always nice to spend some extra time with the family, and it has been well needed this week for me with a busy week coming up.

This weekend I am working at the Garden Show Ireland in the grounds of Antrim castle, and then next week I'm working at Northern Ireland's biggest agricultural show, Balmoral. Working outdoor events is fun but the days are usually long and pretty tiring, and I often get home after the kids have gone to bed meaning I don't get to see much of them.

It really has been a nice treat to have those extra two days. We have chilled in the house, been out for walks and made the most of our extra time together.

It's thrown us off a bit too though, we are not used to random days off on a Thursday. It felt like a Saturday today, and I had a mini panic when I realised at 8 o'clock this evening that it was a school day tomorrow and there was homework to be done! Luckily it was only so,etching small and we managed to get it done quickly.

My word of the week this week is time, because I'm greatful to have had some extra family time this week.

Linking up with Word of the Week

 

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

5 comments:

  1. I always value extra time with my son as well. Rest for my son from school as well is always nice as I still think that he is too young to study the whole day =P

    Time is a lovely #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have extra time with your family, especially if you're going to get busy. #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely word, and I know just what you mean. It's felt like bonus time, hasn't it? Though like you, it's sent me a bit to pot on what day it is! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have had a lovely week!
    Thanks to the Bank holiday I keep thinking it's a Thursday today. lol Confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you all got that extra time together. It does throw you out though x

    ReplyDelete