House of Fraser Children's Clothing Review

It's a simple fact of parenting, children need new clothes... All of the time!

When I was pregnant with Neil I used to walk around kids clothing departments and dream about a little boy running around in stylish clothes. I had my eye on a lovely Burberry shirt that I said I was definitely going to buy when he was a toddler, back when I was a little bit naive and knew nothing about children.

The reality is, kids grow quickly, and so need new clothes quite often. Kids are also a bit messy and tend to ruin their nice outfits, and so need new clothes quite often. Can you see a pattern here? The idea of buying fancy clothes totally went out of the window when I realised how much it was going to cost. Now, my only concern is finding nice clothes on a low budget!

There are certain shops I would usually go to, because I know that they offer good value for money. Similarly, there are shops I go to when my children need a 'good outfit' for a party or something.House of Fraser has always been one of those shops, a place to buy special occasion things. I know that they sell high end brands, and so often don't even look there for the children's every day clothes. When I was given the opportunity to try some clothing from the children's range, I didn't think I was going to find much within budget, but I was very pleasantly surprised!

I found that they had a huge range of items, with t-shirts starting at £3! They had so much to choose from I could barely decide, but after a lot of deliberation I chose a 'Name It' fox top for Neil (I quite like foxy things at the moment!) for £5.



For Caitlin I chose a nice pair of 'Name It' lace detail denim shorts for £9.12 in the sale, and a beautiful 'Mango' jumper for £9.99 (which is now £6.99, bargain!).



The clothes arrived by courier a few days after ordering, much quicker than I imagined (things tend to be slower here in Northern Ireland). Of course as soon as they arrived, I had to get the kids dressed in the outfits and give them a test run, which was a great excuse for a mini photo shoot!





I'm totally in love with Caitlin's little outfit. The mango jumper is super soft and comfortable, and she looks so stylish in it. I wouldn't mind one for myself!
The shorts have an adjustable waist which is great because caitlin is very slim, and I like that they can grow with her a little bit.



Neil's t-shirt feels nice and soft. It feels really good quality, and is nice and thick. I'm happy with the length too, as I often find it difficult to get a t-shirt that fits him properly.



Overall I'm very pleased with the quality and price of clothing from House of Fraser. I sometimes find when we buy clothes that the cheaper things don't feel so good a quality, and you just know they are not going to last, but these feel top notch. They have such a big selection, and at the moment a lot of their stock is on sale you can pick up a real bargain. I already have my eye on a few more bits and pieces for the kids, and will certainly be coming back to House of Fraser next time they need some new clothes.

Family Fever
I was sent these items free of charge for the purpose of this review. As always, I have given my full and honest opinion.


Blogger Mummy Lauren

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review; I often think of House of Fraiser as providing clothes for 'special' occasions which of course carry a premium. I hadn't considered them for everyday outfits but you've picked some gorgeous ones (I love the shorts, btw) and it's nice to see boys in clothes that are fun Tee's which aren't stripy! Good review
    #Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter won a competition with them recently and spent her entire £250 gift card prize. I was really impressed with the variety of fanastic clothes, how quickly it was delivered and how they fit the whole order into one very small box (unlike some companies who put one item in a giant box!). Such lovely stuff :) #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those clothes are fab and I love your photo's Lauren. The children seem very happy with their new clothes! I love the Mango jumper. #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh you chose some great pieces - Neil and Caitlin both look fab in their new clothes!

    I really like the fox top as I'm a little obsessed with foxes too.

    #TriedTested

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely outfits....I always thought House of Fraser was so expensive! I'm very surprised x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful outfits. I need to look in house of fraser more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely outfit at a great price too. My daughter is growing so fast so it was a pleasure to review something for her from House of Fraser too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never shopped there before. Must try it out. #TriedandTested

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I have always considered House of Fraser to be the slightly more 'special occasion' option, but actually there are some amazing value pieces too! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous outfits! I can't believe how much you got for your money!
    Thanks so much for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are really lovely outfits, good choice and great prices too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. House of Fraser really stock great kids clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous pics! And I love how you dress your children. That 'sly as a fox' t-shirt is brill and definitely something that I can imagine my boys wearing when they're older.

    ReplyDelete