An Evening Stroll Along the Beach - The Ordinary Moments

640/360I feel like I was working a lot last week and didn't get to spend as much time with the kids as I would have liked. In reality, I wasn't actually working any more hours than usual, but it was all packed down to the end of the week and the weekend.


When I got home last night, I could quite easily just collapsed on to the sofa for the evening, but I have made a bit of an agreement with myself that I get out of the house with the kids every day, and it was a nice warm night so I thought we could make the most of it and head out for an hour.

Neil didn't want to go out, "not even a tiny little bit", in his words. It's not worth pushing it, once his mind is made up that's it. Trying to change his mind would just create unnecessary upset for everyone, and a whole lot of anxiety before bed time, which nobody needs. 

So while the boys stayed in the house, Caitlin and I headed for the stroll along the coast. It was a lovely evening, and even the sea breeze couldn't spoil the warmth. 

We sat on the sea front for a little while, then walked along the pebble beach. Caitlin wanted to find some shells to take home for Neil as a little gift. She wanted to take home a dead crab too, but then she decided if he wanted the crab he should have come with us. We stood and watched some men canoeing in the bay for a little while, and then went for a little walk around the quay. There were a lot of jelly fish in the water, which Caitlin was pretty intrigued about. She kept asking questions about why they looked so strange, and why they were not like normal fish, none of which I could answer.

From the quay we slowly made our way back home. Caitlin was becoming tired by this time, it was 8.30 afterall. She managed to walk home without needing to be carried which is great, because usually she will stop with her arms in the air and demand to be picked up.








When we got home Caitlin gave her shell collection to Neil, who made it clear he was not interested in shells. She wasn't too bothered though, and decided to keep them for herself instead.

I think the sea air did her good, because she fell asleep pretty easily last night, which is rare for her! I think we'll definitely have to make the most of the summer nights and go out for more evening walks.


mummy daddy me

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

2 comments:

  1. We love to walk for the beach at night as well. During day time it gets busy with people and some are even rowdy. We get our beach back at night when people are starting to get home. So we have our quiet walk. And we get home ready to call it a night. Like your walk here =) #ordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos, the sky is amazing. It must have been nice to have a little bit of time together and I would love to live by the beach. xx

    ReplyDelete