Picnic at Dundrum Castle

On Friday afternoon Neil and Daddy went on a fishing trip, leaving me and Caitlin to find something to do on our own. It's not often we get time with just the two of us so it was nice.

There was a brief break from the rain for the most of Friday, (someone needs to tell mother nature that it is June, where is our nice summer?!), so we made the most of the nice weather and headed out for a little picnic at Dundrum Castle.

Caitlin packed herself a little bag with treats and the picnic blanket and we set off up the lane.


We took a slow stroll up the lane so Caitlin could pick some flowers for me


 She insited I took pictures of all of the wild flowers growing along the lane.

Once we got to the castle she wasted no time getting stuck in and exploring. She is a fearless little thing and loves finding places to climb and live a bit dangerously!


All the running about had us pretty tired so we sat down for a picnic. Caitlin had packed cheese sandwiches and triple biscuits. I've been pretty good this week and not been snacking on junk but I did treat myself to a wee biscuit.


I think she was starting to miss Neil and Daddy by this point and lay down for a cuddle.


After our little rest we ran around the castle exploring all of the buildings. The we played a game caitlin called 'sneak', where we had to tiptoe around as quietly as possible so no one could see us.

I've been playing around with my new camera and have discovered I can take action shots in the sport mode, so we had some fun trying to jump really high, which you can see in our little video.
         




We had a lovely afternoon running around the castle ground and burning off some energy.
Caitlin couldn't wait for Daddy to get home so she could tell him all of her stories about the day.


I'm really hoping we can have some more sunny days soon, as much as I love puddle walks in the winter, it is June now and I would love some more picnics and fun filled afternoons like this!
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall



Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

2 comments:

  1. How great to have the castle within walking distance, a wonderful place to explore have adventures and a lovely picnic. It looks like you both enjoy your girlie time while the boys were off fishing. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs. It looks like you had a lovely day. We love exploring Castle's.

    ReplyDelete