A romantic bath for two... my dream bathroom.

I've always lived in small flats, with small bathrooms. When I moved in to my current home, it was the first time I had lived in a house, with stairs, and a bathroom that wasn't attached to my kitchen. Awesome! Unfortunately, despite being in a house bigger than anything I've lived in before, my bathroom happens to be the smallest I've ever seen in my entire life!


Well, you can't have everything. At least I can now just step across the hall to my bedroom when I'm finished in the bath, rather than flashing my bum to my family when my towel falls down as I run through the living room, because that's really not fun!

It's the year of the Great British Home over at VictoriaPlum.com and they are trying to inspire people to make the most of their home. This month it's all about bathrooms. They have a quiz to determine your ultimate style, and I was curious to see what I got.

My Results were 'Glamorous', like the cast of Towie.

"Everything about you screams glamour; you always look photo-ready, whether you are working out, shopping in designer boutiques or snuggled up at home in your designer onesie. You crave home comforts that make a statement - a faux fur blanket, embellished cushions and lots of crushed velvet. You use neutral shades mixed with metallic. Pride of place are family portraits, kitchen gadgets and the keys to your Range Rover."

I certainly love the idea of being glamorous, and I do try, but I think the reality is a bit more grim. I would agree though that my ideal style would be something glamorous, if I could afford to be. Since having kids I have always chosen practical over stylish, but now that the kids are a bit older I would definitely like to start adding a touch of glamour back in to my home.


This is my bathroom. It's small, it's not the most attractive, it's a bit messy and the electric shower doesn't give any hot water, but otherwise it does the job. I can't imagine my bathroom ill ever be much more than what it is now. As we live in rented accommodation, there is not much we could change. Even if we owned this house, the bathroom is so small there isn't much you could do with it.

This doesn't stop me dreaming about my dream bathroom!

If money and space were no issue, my ultimate dream bathroom item would have to be a fireplace. It's probably a bit pointless, why do you need a fire when you are lying in a steaming hot bath you may wonder, but it looks amazing and luxurious, and the ambience created by a dancing, glowing flame cannot be beat. One of the worst things about taking a bath is that you spend an hour lying in nice warm water, and then you get out and your house feels like the Arctic, despite it being the middle of summer. Why is that? Imagine stepping out of the bath and towelling off in front of your cosy, warm fire... now that's what I'm talking about!


I would love a bath that I could sit in without having my knees poking up out of the water. The 'Camberly' roll top bath from VictoriaPlum.com looks perfect. It looks so luxurious, and the feet are fab. I can just imagine myself relaxing with a glass of wine and plenty of bubbles.

I would love a bath big enough for a romantic soak with my husband. I've always loved the idea of this, but the realities of taking a bath with your other half are often far less romantic, and usually involve an argument about who has to sit at the tap side. Although, I'm not sure there's a bath in the world that wall be fully comfortable for me and my husband, we are both tall, and one of us is always gonna end up with feet in the face, cramped down one end of the bath, not really my idea of romance at all. A girl can dream, though!

Some kind of wine holder attached to the bath would be nice, and somewhere to put my book so it doesn't get wet. I always see it on tv, someone lying in a nice big bubbly bath with a glass of wine and a book. The reality of this is that your wine ends up tasting like soap and your book ends up damp and the words all run in to one!

I love the idea of a black and white bathroom. Black walls, white suite, and beautiful silver accents, topped off with a fabulous over the top chandelier.

I've put together a pinterest board of my dream bathrooms. They are all totally over the top, and would never work in my house, but it doesn't stop me lusting after them. If I painted my bathroom black it would look like a dungeon, and that's not the look I'm going for. Maybe one day, when I move in to my mansion in the country, but until then I'll have to keep dreaming!

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

1 comments:

  1. You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Valentine's Day Party

    ReplyDelete