Alien Crafts

Today is Star Wars day, apparently. That means absolutely nothing to me, unfortunately, as I'm not a Star Wars fan.

If you do happen to be a fan of Star Wars, then I wish you a happy Star Wars day. May the force be with you, or whatever.

Today's prompt for day 4 of BEDM is 'Star Wars Day, talk about Sci-Fi'. I have spent the last 3 or 4 days wondering what the hell I was going to write about. I like to stick to prompts, but I really don't like Sci-fi and honestly couldn't think of anything to say about it.

For that reason, I have been very loose with the prompt. Sci-fi usually is something to do with aliens, so we had a bit of a crafting session this morning and made some funky looking aliens.



They were really easy to make and the kids had fun designing their own out of this world creatures.

To make them, you will need toilet roll tubes, coloured paints, pipe cleaners, glue and a selection of little craft pom-poms. If you wish to make your aliens a little fancier, you could use googly eyes, glitter, foil... the possibilities are endless!


Using scissors, we made little holes on the sides of the toilet roll tubes, and pushed through coloured pipe cleaners for arms. We did the same for tentacle things on the top too. We then painted the aliens various different colours, and used the coloured pom-pom's for eyes.



I love the way they turned out. They were so easy to make and the kids loved it.
I wonder if that's what aliens really look like?


Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a great idea! Will have to try with S and D - we have a mountain of empty toilet roll tubes waiting to be put to good use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what is it with saving toilet roll tubes? I seem incapable of throwing them out!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful...obviously lots of fun was had by all ;D

    ReplyDelete