Cinco de Mayo - My delicious Mexican Meal

A late post tonight. I wasn't going to post anything, but since I'm doing this Blog Every Day in March challenge, I really didn't want to miss a night so I have dragged myself on to the laptop.

Today's promt is 'Cinco de Mayo - Let's be Mexican'

Today is Cinco de Mayo, which is Spanish for the 5th of May. In Mexico, it is symbolic of the Mexican win over the French in the battle of Puebla. I don't know much about it, but from what I have read, it's more widely celebrated in America than it is in Mexico.

It's almost like the Mexican version of St Paddy's day in the States, tequila is drunk, mexican food is consumed and people have a big 'ol Mexican party.

I've never actually heard of it, I only looked it up because of today's prompt. I decided to make myself a little Mexican meal, as a celebration of all things Mexican.

My lovely hubby went out to tesco and got me some bits and pieces.





I know anyone with Mexican roots would probably be disgusted at my Mexican food, but I love Chilli. I'm not a vegetarian, but I can't stand beef so I always use meat free mince. It tastes lovely and I think it's a much healthier option. He also got me some Heat, Spice and Shake crisps in 'Mexican pizza and cheese' flavour.

While it's cheating a bit compared to making a chilli from scratch, it was absolutely delicious! It had a few types of beans through it, and jalapeños. It could have done with being a bit spicier, I think, but maybe that's just me, I like things hot!


I'm not a tequila drinker, but I did have a cheeky cloudy lemonade beer, which was nice and refreshing. The crisps were nice too. You heat the crisps in the microwave, then pour on the seasoning and give it all a good shake. Probably not for lovers of lightly flavoured crisps, these things were intense! They made a good snack though, and would be nice as a treat for movie night or something.

I'm a big fan of Mexican style cuisine. My favourite is probably tacos, and I love enchiladas and of course, chilli. My meal was fabulous! I'm glad we were given the Mexican prompt or I probably wouldn't have had chilli this week, and I had forgotten how good it tastes!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Have you been doing anything to celebrate?

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment