Argh not my laptop!

Had a total panic yesterday evening when my laptop would not switch on. I thought at first the battery was dead so I plugged it in to the mains, and nothing happened.

Oh Frig...

I had used it that morning to write a blog post while sitting in bed, and when I was finished I closed the lid and set it on the bed. My hubby moved it later and mentioned it was melting temperatures, and gave me a lecture about using the laptop in bed, which I just shrugged off at the time, but now I was panicking.

How was I going to keep up with the blog without a laptop? How could I possibly afford to replace it?
Who even knew laptops didn't actually switch off when you closed the lid? Not me, that's for certain!

I desperately started trying to find a way to bring my beloved back to life. Now, I'm by no means a technical wizard, but I worked at Currys for 3 years before having the wee man and had picked up a few tips and tricks.
I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but I gave it a go anyway.

I removed the battery, pulled out the power cord, and held the power button down for 30 seconds. I remember seeing someone do that, and even though it sounded stupid, I was desperate.

Well actually, it worked, and I was so happy I could have kissed the screen.

The moral of this story is, DO NOT leave your laptop on the bed without proper ventilation, even if it's closed. I was lucky this time that no damage was done.  

Caitlin has been pestering me to let her make some videos for youtube recently. She spends a lot of time watching people opening those little blind bags of different toys, people doing role play with littlest pet shop toys, or anything pony related.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have any blind bags to open, and only has 1 littlest pet shop toy which wouldn't make for a very thrilling video, so she decided she wanted me to record her singing along to a my little pony song.

So to play us out tonight, here is my wee lady having a bit of a sing and dance.



And I'm definitely not sitting writing this with my laptop on the bed almost melting through the covers......
Oh dear, I never learn!

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

4 comments:

  1. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks best laptop for chief architect

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Gaming Laptops

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Laptop Under 700

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Gaming Laptops Under 1000

    ReplyDelete