Neil, now you are six...

My perfect wee man, I can't believe you are six now... Six years old! How did you get so big? I shouldn't call you my wee man because you don't like it, as you say your are not wee anymore and you are not a man, but calling you my medium sized boy doesn't have the same ring to it.

You've had a difficult year. When you were turning 5 you were struggling to adjust to school, and that hasn't changed much. You still tell me you hate school every day, but despite the fact you really don't want to be there, you are doing really well. Since your last birthday you have had your fair share of assessments and appointments and trips to the hospital, but you never complain... you just get on with things because you're a wee trooper.

Sometimes I just want to scoop you up and give you a big cuddle (but I don't, because I know you don't like that!) to help you through your day because there are some things that I know you really struggle with. We have been planning your birthday party, and for most children that is such an exciting thing, but for you it was all too much and you have been feeling stressed and on edge for weeks.

I know you hate me saying it, but mummy loves you so much. I love listening to you talking about Minecraft, and watching how excited you get. Your knowledge of the game never fails to amaze me! I love your sense of humour and the way you tell everyone jokes, even if you do ruin the moment by explaining how it's was funny! You are such a daddy's boy, and I love watching the two of you together, like two peas in a pod. You don't just share a name with daddy, you share a lot of his traits too, you are like his mini me!

So wee man, let's see what the year ahead brings, and I hope being six is even more fun than being 5!



Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

2 comments:

  1. How do they get so old? I have been getting really emotional lately of Buba starting school soon and them both aging right before my very eyes. I can't get over it. Love your capture of your wee one. So cute and they will always be our babies. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, he's such a gorgeous little man - my boys are three and 10 months and I just want to keep them little but I know my love will grow even more as they do.

    ReplyDelete