Word of the Week - Normality

It feels like we have come back down to earth with a bump this week. The kids are back at school, I'm back at work, and things are as they were before. Normality has been restored.

My word of the week this week is

Last weekend we moved all of the Christmas toys up to the kids bedrooms. It's amazing how much stuff you end up with, and it was a struggle to find new homes for them all. No more tip toeing around stray lego bricks and shopkins in the living room. It's often one of the first signs that normal life is resuming, when the 'new toys' get put away with the 'old toys' and they all simply just become toys.

On Monday the kids started back at school, and I started back at work after two weeks off. Christmas was but a distant memory as we waited for the school bus to come, and in that moment it felt like we had never been off. It's funny, because while we were off it felt like a lifetime.

Lastly, we took our tree down on Thursday night, a little later than it should have been. I had already taken down all of the decorations and piled them up in the window area, but my husband didn't get a chance to get the box out of the loft, so our tree remained up. It's no secret that I love Christmas, and I had been clinging on to every last ounce of festivity, but I was quite relived to get it put away for another year.

So here we are, back to normality. Back to school runs, and rushing to get dressed for work. Back to kids messy bedrooms and forgotten PE kits. Normal service has resumed, and it's just the way I like it.

 

The Reading Residence

 

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

15 comments:

  1. Great word of the week! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I do like having my house back to normal too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to have the house looking less cluttered but have to admit that we're all struggling a little with our return to routine here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you, I love christmas and everything it brings, but I am also very glad to be getting back to normality. #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do adore Christmas, but the sense of normality is definitely reassuring and ordered - which I've missed I think. Like to be clean, tidy and organised! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas, but getting back into some kind of routine has been a god send for me!

    Great #wotw#

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has been a struggle to me. The toyS! There is just too much that its over whelming. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like normality but this week I have found it so tiring....I hope next week is better for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt exactly like that on the school run Monday morning, as if we'd not been off at all! Glad you're enjoying the normality again :-) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, as with everyone I guess. It's almost as if Christmas never happened! I can so relate with the toys (again, I bet, as with everyone). I've been planning to do a sweep-up of little T's old toys and either put some in the attic (for the toys with sentimental value), or packed off to the charity shop. Have a great weekend! #wotw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it lovely to get some normality back. I do love Christmas but I am always ready to get back into routine of daily life x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Normality is good!
    Gosh it can sometimes be quite scary how quickly we get back to our normal every day life. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great #WotW

    Well all need a little normality

    Sa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great #wotw. I looks forward to trying to get a bit of normality back round here soon but at the moment it seems almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate post-Christmas clearing up! I am still struggling tying to find room for everything. Christmas seems so long ago x

    ReplyDelete