Mums List #2

Last week I set myself 5 goals for the week ahead, which I felt were easily achievable and were designed as a bit of a life push, because I've been a bit rubbish recently.

I'm not sure about you, but I think it's awful when you make yourself a to do list and then fail to do the things on it, it's like a major personal failure! (Well, I may be a little dramatic here, but it is s bit crap) Well that is pretty much what I've gone and done this week.

  • I said I was going to write a little thing each day, as a reminder or promt about the day. I haven't even done that once! 
  • I did get out of the house with one of the kids most days. We are having a lot of trouble getting Neil out of the house. He's very sensitive to this heat, and spends most of his time on the sofa in front of the big fan we bought him. I've been out with Caitlin most days this week though, and it's nice to spend a bit of time alone with her. It's also got me thinking about how lonely I will be when she starts school, she is my little sidekick after all!
  • I haven't really kept up to date with my blog as much as I would like, but I have posted more than the previous week, which is a start. Most evenings I've just felt so tired and hot. I have been trying to get up before everyone else in the house and get something done early, I do seem a bit more productive in the morning. So far that's worked out better than trying to post at night, but some mornings I have found myself spending an hour dilly dallying about on twitter and not getting anything written.
  • I did start a book this week, wahoo! Don't ask me what it is called because I honestly can't remember, and I can't be bothered to go downstairs and find it, but I know it is by Lucy Diamond. I slipped away while the kids were playing and lay on their trampoline in the sun with my book. I managed 28 pages before Caitlin realised I was on 'her bouncy' and came to join me. I'm hoping to get it finished this week, but that may be a bit too hopeful.
  • Early morning exercising is another thing I'm proud to have achieved this week, and I feel great for it. It has been hard to drag myself up some mornings, but a quick routine really makes all the difference, and my energy levels have improved. This is the workout I have been doing most mornings, I like that it's gente enough that it can be done in my jarmies and don't need to fanny about getting my sports stuff on.

A bit of a mixed bag then, I've managed to do some and failed a bit on the others.
I feel a bit more inspired this week, so I'm going to set myself a new set a goals.

  1. Finish the book I started - I'm hoping a good bit of reading will inspire my writing a little bit
  2. Find activities that Neil enjoys - If going out in the sun is out of the question, I'm going to have to find some other ways to keep him active and get him up off the sofa.
  3. Write something every day - I'm setting this for myself again and I'm determined not to fail. 
  4. Get some vlogging done - I've been slacking a bit with my youtube channel and would like to get some new vlogs recorded and published this week. In the future I want vlogs to be a big part of my blog, and so need to put in a bit more effort.
  5. Go out for a run every day - OK so I accomplished my fitness challenge last week, I now want to step it up a bit and challenge myself a bit more. I've been running for a few months now, but only once or twice a week if even, so I want to try and get out every night this week for a small run.

Do you have any goals for the week ahead. Was there anything you wanted to do last week that you didn't get round to?


Mums' Days

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

1 comments:

  1. oooh! good luck with your challenges this week - if I'm honest i thought last week's were a little ambitious so I'm really impressed with how well you've done! But it's good to aim high and keep your goals in sight - some of my goals are borderline ridiculous but that's what makes life interesting isn't it ;)

    Thanks for linking in again to #MumsDays love xxx

    ReplyDelete