The end of my BEDM challenge

I'm half way through the blog everyday in May challenge, and it's really starting to feel tough.

I haven't really been blogging long, not even four months yet, and saw this as a way to broaden my blogging experiences, but I'm not sure if I was quite ready.

The prompts have really challenged me, it's great to take a prompt and think about how to make it fit on my blog, how to put my own spin on it, and I have enjoyed the challenge. I've also enjoyed getting regular posts done, getting things written every day definitely help get the brain working, making it easier to write.

There are things that I have not enjoyed however, things that have made me question why I'm bothering. Some nights I'm sitting looking at the prompt, wondering how to write something meaningful or interesting, struggling to make it my own. There have been times when I've just written for the sake of it, because I've set myself this challenge and don't want to feel like I've failed.

I'm really struggling to keep up with my other blogging bits. I've been dumping my posts on to linkies, then not finding any time to have a look at the other entries. I haven't read many of my favourite blogs this month either. There are some nights when I really didn't want to write anything, on Saturday I had a fab night with the family watching eurovision and just chilling, and then I panicked because it was almost midnight and felt I had to write something so ended up posting a load of waffle.

When I started blogging, I wanted what I wrote to come from the heart, and to be enjoyable, and unfortunately I don't feel like I've enjoyed BEDM.

I love the idea, and the prompts are brilliant, and I do feel a bit annoyed that I haven't enjoyed it as much as I hoped I would, but I don't want blogging to become a chore.

So it is with regret that I've decided not to take part in the challenge any more.

I'm glad I took part, I've certainly learnt from it. I'm going to try and blog more regularly because I've enjoyed that, but I'm not going to commit myself to every night, because some nights you just can't.


Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

3 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to "meet" you through BEDM and well done for getting this far. But remember, if you ever do a challenge again that the prompts are just a guide and it's a not pressure challenge ..I've missed a couple of days and that's ok! :-) well done, though! 15 days is good going.

    all the best with all the other blogging bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't put pressure on yourself. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts with this honest post. Please do add my badge or link back if you can. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry pet, forgot I had linked up, my mind is full at the moment. I will add your badge when I get on my laptop this evening :)

      Delete