Catching Up!

Yoohoo, I'm back!

I haven't actually been anywhere like. I just had a bit of an unplanned hibernation period, and boy did I need it! I feel refreshed and ready to go now.

It's Monday again, only a bit of a special Monday. Today was the last Monday of this school term. This time next week, Neil will be on the first day of his 9 week summer holidays. 9 weeks!! He can't wait.
I've already had a taste of what it may be like. On Sunday he said he wanted something fun to do. I suggested he could play outside, go on the trampoline, go out on his bike, go for a walk, do some colouring, crafts, painting, xbox... everything I suggested was met with a 'naaaaaah'. I'm going to have to start planning some activities now ready for his time off, because 9 weeks is a long time to be bored!

I was gutted that I didn't make it to Britmums live this year. I spent a lot of my weekend on twitter following all of the goings on, wishing I was there so badly! It did look amazing, I've already started making mental plans for next year.

We were invited to a BBQ on Sunday and the weather was perfect for it!

This gave me a chance to wear my new cami top from Lipsy that I have been lusting after for a while. Please excuse the face, I'm not sure why I look so stern!

Neil decided he didn't want to go at last minute, so he stayed at home with daddy for a pizza party while me and Caitlin headed out. It was only a short journey around the corner, so we took a lazy stroll, enjoying the sunshine.

Most of the food was ready when we arrived. In fact, there was a huge spread laid out.


I've never seen so much food at a BBQ in my life! I could feel the weight creeping on just looking at it! I've been on a healthy diet over the past 3 weeks but it just went out of the window for the afternoon. It would be rude to go to a bbq and not eat after all!
Even Caitlin, who doesn't usually eat much, pigged out. I think she probably ate her body weight then asked for seconds.

Then when I thought I couldn't fit anything else in to me, they brought out dessert. Well three desserts, actually. I couldn't decide which one to have, so I did what any woman in my position would do, and had one of each.


Dessert 1 was a Greek yoghurt/ Crunchie combo, dessert 2 was a strawberry pavlova, and dessert 3 was a cherry and custard tart. All three were delicious, and I think if I had been offered seconds I probably wouldn't have said no!

We didn't stop there though, once dessert was over, the kids all went outside to toast marshmallows on the grill. I obviously had to test one to make sure it wasn't poisonous!


Caitlin particularly enjoyed the toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two chocolate digestives. She had two, and wanted a third, but I had to put my foot down before she burst.
I had a few cheeky glasses of wine while Caitlin played with some of the other kids there. We couldn't stay too late as I had to get home to get Neil to bed ready for school in the morning. I was totally shattered, and stuffed to bursting, and couldn't wait for my bed too.

We had a nice afternoon, it was great to make the most of the good weather. Next weekend I'm working on Saturday and Sunday, so I'm kinda hoping it rains!

How was your weekend? What did you get up to?



Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love the top! I too spent the weekend wishing I was at Britmums but am determined to be there next year! Have a great week x #Point+Shoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes it would have been nice to be there this weekend but nevermind, 2015 here we come!x

    ReplyDelete