Motivation - My Family

Today's #BEDM is Motivation, which is funny because the only thing motivating me to actually do a blog post tonight is this prompt!

I've had a long, long day working at a very muddy garden show in Antrim Castle. I've had a lot of fun, but now that I'm home I just want to stick my feet up and have a glass of wine. I'm determined to complete the BEDM challenge without missing a day though, and so I'm powering on and getting a post done before I relax. If I'd been really motivated, I would have pre written this post and scheduled it in for this morning, but that did not happen.

My one motivation in life is my family, they are the reason I do everything.

When I quit smoking last year after 12 years, they were my motivation. I'm not going to lie, I loved smoking, and if I was not married with children I would not have quit. I sure as hell would never want my children to watch their mummy deteriorate in front of them due to a smoking related illness at any point in the future. And while the damage may already be done, I hope by quitting I'm minimising that risk. I also wanted to be able to play outside with them without coughing up a lung. I'm so glad I quit, and it was all because I was thinking about my family, and the implications my smoking may have on them.

My family are the motivation behind my trying to get fit, I want us to enjoy a fit and healthy lifestyle, and I hope that by trying to eat healthy and do exercise and work it in to daily life that the kids will pick up on it and it's something they will do too.

This BEDM is really turning me in to a bit of a soppy bugger, and I don't want to come across as a bit cheesy, but honestly without my children and my hubby I don't think I'd get out of bed in the morning. Life would be a bit boring without them!




Share this:

I love reading all of your comments and getting to interact with all my readers so pop a comment in the section below and lets chit chat.

1 comments:

  1. Well done on quitting smoking, I'm sure it was difficult but how wonderful that you're doing it for your family. I'm bet they really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete